Tim AndersonDistinguished Professor Emeritus
Our group’s current research efforts are largely devoted to the study of advanced electronic materials processing issues, particularly those related to thin film deposition (the group operates one Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) and six chemical vapor deposition (CVD) systems. In one system we have coupled a Raman spectrometer to a CVD reactor, which can be x-y-z translated to measure gas phase composition and temperature profiles. Raman scattering and LIF, along with reactor modeling, are being used to quantitatively study homogeneous thermal decomposition mechanisms of organometallic precursors. These reaction mechanisms and rate constants are then used to optimize reactor designs and operating conditions. Current studies are focused on the thermal decomposition of column II and III alkyls.
Ph.D., 1979, University of California-Berkeley
- “Cadmium–carbon Wavenumber Analysis using B3LYP Level Theory Calculations in Investigations of Dimethylcadmium Decomposition,” Young Seok Kim, Yong Sun Won, Nicolo Omenetto and Timothy J. Anderson. J. Raman Spectrosc., 41, 106–112 (2010).
- “High Growth-Rate YSZ Thermal Barrier Coatings by MOCVD Using Butoxide Precursors,” V.G. Varanasi, T.M. Besmann, J. Lothian, E.A. Payzant, and T.J. Anderson. Mat. Sci. Eng. A, 528(3), 978-985 (2011).
- “Experimental and Computational Studies of the Homogeneous Thermal Decomposition of the Tungsten Dimethylhydrazido Complex Cl4(CH3CN)W(NNMe2),” Jooyoung Lee, Dojun Kim, Oh Hyun Kim, Tim Anderson, Jürgen Koller, Dan R. Denomme, Sophia Z. Habibi, Mohammad Ehsan, John R. Eyler and Lisa McElwee-White. J. Electrochem. Soc., 159(5) H545-H553 (2012).
- “Synthesis of WN(NMe2)3 as a Precursor for the Deposition of WNx Nanospheres,” K. Randall McClain, Christopher O’Donohue, Zhiwei Shi, Amy V. Walker, Khalil A. Abboud, Tim Anderson, and Lisa McElwee-White. Eur. J. Inorganic Chem. DOI: 10.1002/ejic.201200254 (2012).
- Reaction Routes for the Synthesis of CuInSe2 Using Bilayer Compound Precursors,” R. Krishnan, D. Wood, V.U. Chaudhari, E.A. Payzant, R. Noufi, and T.J. Anderson. Accepted Prog. Photovolatics (2012).