We are thrilled to share information about our doctorate program in chemical engineering. This page provides basic information and links to further information about our program, and application instructions. You can also watch a short video about our program below.
Learn more about Us
- Informational Session
- Request More Information
- Application Instructions
- Research Areas
- Ph.D. Degree Requirements
- Graduate Viewbook
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Meet Our Students
- Graduate Association of Chemical Engineers (GRACE)
- Graduate Program Staff and Faculty Leadership
Many of the photos and video included in this project were taken prior to the global pandemic and are not reflective of the University’s current safety measures.
New students for the doctorate program are admitted primarily for the fall semester each year. A master’s degree is not required for Ph.D. admission. The priority deadline for applications to the Ph.D. program is December 5. Late applications are accepted until all positions are filled.
The GRE is not required for admissions to the Ph.D. program for Fall 2021.
Complete the following survey and submit your application by December 5 to obtain an application fee waiver
For admission between now and Fall 2021, changes have been made to address issues with COVID-19. Please see our ChE Ph.D. Program FAQ Page.
- The following documents must be submitted with your online application:
- A statement of purpose highlighting your educational and career path, aspirations, and interest in pursuing a Ph.D. See FAQ for more details.
- A resume highlighting your skills and experiences (no longer than two pages).
- Photocopy of all official document sent to the UF Office of Admissions. Ensure submission of official transcripts from each postsecondary institution attended. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial consideration, but official documents must be received for full application package review.
- Three recommendation letters (make sure to add contact information for three letter writers in the online application).
UF Number 6 Among
U.S. News & World Report, 2021
Best Chemical Engineering Graduate Program among Public Universities
U.S. News & World Report, 2021
- Christopher Alexander, Ph.D., ChE 2017Assistant Professor (2018) Civil and Environmental Engineering at University of South Florida B.S. ...Read more about this post
- Carlos Silvera Batista, Ph.D., ChE 2011Assistant Professor (2017) Chemical Engineering at Vanderbilt University B.E. in Chemical Engineering ...Read more about this post
- Akshita Dutta, Ph.D., ChE 2017PTD Module and Integration Yield Engineer (2017) Intel B.S. in Chemical Engineering ...Read more about this post
- Justin Hill, Ph.D., ChE 2010Materials Division Leader (2012) Mainstream Engineering B.S. in Chemical Engineering at North ...Read more about this post
- Sam Jones, Ph.D., ChE 2008Engineering Group Leader (2014) Intel B.S. in Chemical Engineering at Rice University Ph.D. ...Read more about this post
- Chun-Chieh (C-C) Wang, Ph.D., ChE 2016Customer Account Technologist (2017) Applied Materials B.S. in Chemical Engineering at National ...Read more about this post
- Justin Wong, Ph.D., ChE 2016Project Engineer (2019) Strategic Systems Programs, US Navy B.S. in Chemical Engineering ...Read more about this post