Carlos Rinaldi, Ph.D.
Dean’s Leadership Professor and Chair of Chemical Engineering
Professor, J. Crayton Pruitt Family Department of Biomedical Engineering
Member, UF Health Cancer Center
University of Florida
P.O. Box 116005
Gainesville, FL 32611-6005
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2001
- M.S., Chemical Engineering Practice, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2001
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez, 1998
Honors & Awards (Selected)
- University of Florida Term Professorship, 2017-2020
- Kavli Fellow and Invited introductory speaker, 28th Annual Kavli Frontiers of Science Symposium, 2016
- Charles A. Stokes Term Professorship, University of Florida, 2015-2018.
- Excellence in Service Award, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Florida, April 2015.
- Faculty Service Award, J. Crayton Pruitt Family Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida, April 2015.
- International Journal of Nanomedicine Early Career Award, 2012.
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) 2006.
- National Science Foundation Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (CAREER Award), 2006
- J. Edward Vivian Award for Exemplary Performance and Commitment to the MIT David H. Koch School of Chemical Engineering Practice class of 1999-2000.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow 1998-2001
Professional Activities (Selected)
- External Advisory Board Member, Wisconsin-Puerto Rico Partnership for Research and Education in Materials (Wi(PR)2EM), 2019 – present.
- Access Editor, Chemical Engineering Education, 2018 – present.
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Rheology, 2012 – present.
- Member, Diversity Committee, Biomedical Engineering Society, 2015 – 2018.
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2013 – 2018.
- Member, NIST Center for Neutron Research Beam Time Allocation Committee, 2015 – 2017.