I have a MS in chemical engineering. Will my coursework transfer?

Usually, no. Our Ph.D. students do not pay tuition and are provided a stipend and benefits while continuing to make satisfactory progress toward their Ph.D. degree, so the additional coursework or “repetitive” coursework is not a financial burden to the student. However, performance in the core courses is part of the evaluation for “Ph.D. Candidacy,” and thus it is critical that all students take these courses.