My research interests focus on the application of numerical simulations to complex systems containing a wide range of length scales and time scales. The goal is to model the essential physics of the problem in as simple and fundamental a way as possible. By comparing the predictions of numerical simulations of a mathematical model with experimental measurements, we gain understanding of the underlying physical phenomena in situations where analytic theory is impossible.
- V. Upadhyay, P. Szymczak, and A. J. C. Ladd. Initial conditions or emergence; what determines dissolution patterns in rough fractures? J. Geophys. Res., Submitted, 2015.
- M. Arca, J. E. Butler, and A. J. C. Ladd. Transverse migration of polyelectrolytes in microfluidic channels induced by combined shear and electric fields. Soft Matter, 11:4375-4382, 2015. doi: 10.1039/C5SM00572H
- A. J. C. Ladd. Lattice-Boltzmann methods for suspensions of solid particles. Mol. Phys., Accepted, doi: 10.1080/00268976.2015.1023755
- P. Kondratiuk, H. Tredak, A.J.C. Ladd and P. Szymczak. Synchronization of dissolution and precipitation fronts during infiltration-driven replacement in porous rocks. Geophys. Res. Lett., 2015. doi: 10.1002/2015GL063146
- M. Arca, X. H. Feng, A. J. C. Ladd, and J. E. Butler. Capillary-assembled straight microfluidic devices. RSC Advances, 4:1083-1086, 2014. doi: 10.1039/C3RA45578E
- P. Szymczak and A. J. C. Ladd. Reactive infiltration instabilities in rocks. Part 2. Dissolution of a porous matrix J. Fluid Mech., 738:591-630, 2014. doi: 10.1017/jfm.2013.586
- N. Shekhar, S. Neelam, J. Wu, A. J. C. Ladd, T. P. Lele, and R. B. Dickinson Fluctuating motor forces bend growing microtubules. Cell Mol. Biol., 6:120-129, 2013.doi:10.1007/s12195-013-0281-z
- P. Szymczak and A. J. C. Ladd. Interacting length scales in the reaction-infiltration instability Geophys. Res. Lett., 40:3036-3041, 2013. doi:10.1002/grl.50564
- P. Szymczak and A. J. C. Ladd. Reactive infiltration instabilities in rocks. Fracture dissolution J. Fluid Mech., 702:239-264, 2012. doi: 10.1017/jfm.2012.174
Last updated January 2015